Anti-Ageing Naturopathy is a holistic, integrative, and science-based healthcare approach that promotes health and well-being by focusing on the bio-chemical unicity of each patient.
Anti-Ageing Naturopathy focuses on understanding the fundamental physiological processes, the environmental inputs, and the genetic predispositions that influence health and disease. Treatments are focused on treating the cause of the problem, not just alleviating the symptoms.
The main principles of Anti-Ageing Naturopathy are:
- Diet & Nutrition – poor dietary choices significantly contribute to the ageing process and to the development of chronic disease.
- Healthy weight –essential to prevent chronic disease, reduce inflammation, and promote long-lasting wellness.
- Stress Control–chronic stress has a profound effect within the body and can lead to the development of many health conditions: thyroid imbalances, poor immunity, digestive and cardiovascular disorders, low sex drive, fatigue, depression, sleep problems, and poor memory (to mention a few).
- Detoxification – making sure detoxification pathways work efficiently at all levels will support organ function and prevent chronic disease.
- Inflammation/Oxidative Stress – It is crucial to identify and limit inflammation levels within the body so as to prevent the development of chronic symptoms and health conditions.
- Exercise – regular exercise is beneficial for the body at many levels. It increases production of anti-ageing hormones and it oxygenates blood vessels for beneficial effects.
- Cognitive Function– mental functions that last a lifetime mean regular brain exercise
- Pathology – critical role in the early detection and prevention of degenerative diseases
- Genetics/Epigenetics –biochemical individuality based on genetic and environmental uniqueness.
- Science-based healthcare that connects the emerging research base to clinical practice.